Aug 7, 2009

Sleepy summer

For some strange reason I've been incredibly sleepy for the past couple of days. I never really had a hard time waking up in the mornings, but these days everyday has been a wrestling conversation about how badly I wish I could stay in bed and how I should get up even if I feel tired.

I went outside in hopes that I would stay awake but the sun was too bright (refer to Figure A) and I couldn't read or see anything so I had to come back inside. Now I'm on a comfortable starbucks couch, and if anybody saw me they would say that I'm laying down on this one-person seat. I look pretty foolish, but I swear after this blog post I will sit upright like a normal human being in front of a table, and study for my class.

This week seriously flew by and I feel like the rest of the summer will fly by along with it. This week has been nice. I really like my new summer school class. I'm taking a class called Education 50 right now, and it kind of reminds me of high school. Our class is in this big conference room and we sit in tables of 6-8 people and our tables are "teams". I'm in a team full of athletes and I'm the only asian so it's pretty awesome. Now that I think about it, we look pretty cool. Or I do at least, with them next to me. They're all super tall and super athletic looking and I look like a puny little asian girl who's name must be "Lin" or "Soo" or something. Our presentation is going to be on Sports (ha,figures) but it's pretty awesome. I'll try to take a picture with them next week hehe

My mom went to Korea yesterday. She called me last night when I was sleeping, right before she was gonna board her plane. I miss her already. My mom isn't feeling well. She went to Korea to get some health check-ups because it's cheaper in Korea. If you ask me honestly, I'm scared. From the way she describes it, it could be a few of a million things and it scares me. But it's times like these when I know God searches deep within my heart to see the genuineness of my faith in Him. It's easy to have faith when everythings going well. It's easy to say "Blessed be the name of the Lord" when everything is easy.

"When I am afraid, I put my trust in You
In God, whose word I praise
In God I trust, I shall not be afraid
What can flesh do to me?"

Psalms 56:3-4

Study time! Blessed be the name of the Lord. Coram Deo.

Give thanks-- lunches, good days, the back of the ARC, pAaron and tina, fellowship with tC, waking up enough to end this blog and go study.





3 comments:

  1. hi sharon

    :) i love your blog. are u taking ed 50 with tift? he's awesome

    <3 christine yuna park

    ReplyDelete
  2. Praying for your mom

    Are you going to present show choir as a sport? cause..... its not haha

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haha, you know I'm giving you a hard time ^^

    Show Choir can definitely be a sport if synchronized swimming, artistic and rhythmic gymnastics, handball, sailing, and curling are considered Olympic "sports"

    ReplyDelete